We Are Hiring!
The Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC) is hiring a
Media Arts Digital Distribution Coordinator.
Start date: January 22, 2024
End Date: April 15, 2024
Application Deadline: January 7, 2024 11:59pm EDT.
Hours: 30 hours/week
This is an in-person position at Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre's (CFMDC) Toronto office at 1411_D Dufferin street. This position is made possible through the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
CFMDC is Canada's foremost not-for-profit distribution organization. We are dedicated to
securing the availability and promoting the visibility of independent media art works.
Since 1967, CFMDC has been a critical source for programmers, institutions, festivals,
educators and museums around the world. Based in downtown Toronto with over 4,000 film
titles in our collection, CFMDC is committed to its role as an advocate for the dissemination of
independent visions. The Media Arts Digital Distribution Coordinator will work collaboratively with
CFMDC's technical, distribution and programs team.
● Assist with communications, and responding to and resolving audiovisual questions
related to in person event planning;
● Assist CFMDC technical team with DCP creation, tape digitization;
● Assist with the audiovisual set up and logistics of events such as in person screenings,
panel talks, and promotions;
● Assist with content creation and posting on communications platforms including: Social
media channels, websites, press releases, etc.
● Assist in day-to-day tech, special projects and distribution;
● Assist with other tasks related to media distribution.
● Be comfortable with presentation technologies for audiovisual presentation
● Well organized, with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
● Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
● Takes initiative and is a problem solver;
● Ability to work in a co-operative environment committed to equity and non-discrimination;
● Interest in working in the non-profit arts sector;
● Familiarity with Creative Cloud (premiere, media encoder, photoshop etc.), FileMaker
and Asana is an asset;
● Proficiency with Macintosh computers, database and design software.
This job is funded by The Government of Canada, to apply you must be:
● Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
● A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been
conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the
● Be a college or University graduate;
● Be willing to commit to the full term of the work assignment;
● Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled
to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and
How to apply
To apply, individuals are required to:
visit the Young Canada Works login page;
create an account by clicking on the "Sign up" link, then complete and submit a candidate profile;
browse job opportunities via the "Search for a job" link in their account; and
express their interest in a position by clicking on the job title and then on “Express interest in this job."
PLEASE REVIEW THE YCW APPLICATION PROCESS HERE
PLEASE APPLY NO LATER than January th, 2023 11:59pm EDT.
CFMDC is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants who are
Indigenous, Black, a Person of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, trans, non-binary, a woman, a person with
a disability or a combination of these identities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted, we do not confirm receipt of applications, please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.