The focus of Queer City Cinema 16 and Performatorium 7 centres on marginalized bodies - those that are often viewed as less than, unhealthy, burdensome, defective, dangerous and threatening - and those artists that use their body to confront stigma, to resist and defy perceived and systemic attitudes, to activate awareness and insight, and to engage a rethink towards empathic impulses. Bad(ass) Bodies will see films, performances, workshops and discussions involving Fat, HIV+, aged, disabled, diseased and abject Queer bodies.
Be sure to check out these CFMDC titles screening at the festival:
- Buffalo Death Mask by Mike Hoolboom, September 19, 8:30pm
- Flash Flood by Alli MacKay , September 18, 8;30pm
- Framing Agnes by Chase Joynt & Kristen Schilt, September 18, 8:30pm
- HOLE by Gil Goletski, September 21, 3pm
- Older Than What? by Steen Starr & Cecilio Guillermo Escobar, September 19, 8:30pm