Start Date: June 6, 2022
End Date: August 31, 2022
Application Deadline: May 12, 2022 11:59pm ET.
Hours: 30 hours/week
This position is hybrid remote and in-person. This candidate should be able to work in-person in our Toronto location.
Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC) seeks a Programs and Collections Assistant. As Canada's foremost not-for-profit distribution organization, we are dedicated to securing the availability and promoting the visibility of independent media art works.
Since 1967, CFMDC has been a critical source for programmers, institutions, festivals, educators and museums around the world. Based in downtown Toronto with over 4,000 film titles in our collection, CFMDC is committed to its role as an advocate for the dissemination of independent visions. The Program and Collections Assistant will work collaboratively with CFMDC's Director and staff members.
- Assist with communications strategies, and responding to and resolving questions related to in person event planning;
- Assist with database and record keeping;
- Assist with the set up and logistics of events such as in person screenings, panel talks, and promotions;
- Assist with content creation and posting on all CFMDC communications platforms including: Social media channels, website, press releases, etc.
- Assist in day-to-day tech, special projects and distribution;
- Assist with other tasks related to media distribution.
- Well organized, with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Takes initiative and is a problem solver;
- Ability to work in a remote co-operative environment committed to equity and non-discrimination;
- Interest in working in the non-profit arts sector;
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud (premiere, media encoder, photoshop etc.), FileMaker and Asana is an asset;
- Proficiency with Macintosh computers, database and design software.
This job is funded by Canada Summer Jobs. To apply you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and CV combined as ONE PDF to email@example.com with the subject line: CSJ: Programs and Collections Assistant, no later than May 12th 11:59pm EDT.
CFMDC is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants who are Indigenous, Black, a Person of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, trans, non-binary, a woman, a person with a disability or a combination of these identities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted, we do not confirm receipt of applications, and request not to be contacted by telephone.